If u make a big deal out of it well then doesn’t it become a big deal? Turning 4 Ohhhhh that is. (I can’t say the word, but it rhymes with shorty.) Well to me it is a big effen deal and I’m trying to wrap my head around it. Today marks exactly 9 months to the day when I leave my 30’s. The next 9 months I’ll be blogging and tracking my pre-4 Ohhhh journey of continued self-exploration while I’m in preparation for a total celebration (that someone dear to me better be planning and throwing :) And it better be EPIC….
There’s really no way I can avoid turning 40, unless I get hit by a mack truck, my parachute doesn’t open or some divine intervention takes place. Turning 4 Ohhhh seems like a better option than having a wake. So I’ve decided to welcome it with open arms, a six-pack of abs and an ass that can you can bounce rocks off of. Too much to wish for? Probably….. but I’ll die trying.
I’m working on a list of personal challenges I want to reach by then….trying to keep them realistic yet challenging when I hit them. Not if I hit them…WHEN…. It’s basically my pre-40 bucket list. Here goes… ( I’ll be adding to this as I can come up with some new, fun exciting challenges. Feel free to throw some ideas my way….)
1) I KNOW I should be doing Yoga a few times a week for increased clarity, more flexibility and longevity. Is this something I can possibly, for the love of God, stick to this time. I hate yoga, I honestly do. There I said it. I HATE it. I don’t know why. I love it when it’s over and how I feel but in the process of the class it’s painful-utterly painful. I compete with myself way too much and it just hurts. I would rather go to the gym and do deadlifts with 120 lb weights. Which I do on a regular basis (well maybe not with that much weight.) But yoga, no, can’t stick with it. I actually cried the last time I took a power yoga class in Laguna Beach, during class, during pigeon pose LOL. P.S The instructor was really hard…. REALLY HARD. Twice a week yoga is a must.
2) Break up with wine, at least partially…I’m going to have to have a talk with my right hand because she loves Chardonnay. And lefty over here loves her some Pinot Grigio from time to time. I’m gonna have to throw the cuffs on more so than not if I’m gonna get the body I want by the time 4-Ohhhh gets here. I really don’t drink THAT much, but those extra 150-300 calories 4 nights a week add up and usually results in lower will power which results with my hand in the cookie jar… or rather spoon in the peanut butter jar….. I just read somewhere that more than 7 drinks per week for a woman is considered alcoholism 😱. Say Whaaaaa…… so that means no you can’t have two drinks a day and still be on the other side of that? I thought 1-2 drinks a day was GOOD for your HEART– DR. OZ. I’ll have to do some further research on this.
3) Finish a project I’ve been working on for 19 years. Yessss….it’s taking FOREVER……….I’ll elaborate more on this later. Maybe.
4) Do random acts of fitness each week.. Such as Barre Classes, Pilates, Long Bike rides, run a 5k here and there, hike, stripper pole dance classes–whatever it takes…. Right now I’m off to go Paddle Boarding for the first time up here in Cape Cod….wish me luck!
5) Continue to lift heavy as I have been the last 4 months to build a strong, fit body that will get me through the next 30 years!
I want people to look at me and say “No! No you’re not 40! Get the F out!” Or “Damn girl, lookin’ fine.” Followed by a big appalause. (Emoticon inserted here with smiley face and big crocodile tears.)
(Here we go…….270 Days and counting….but who’s counting. Goal Date March 20, 2015 when the big Four Ohhhhhh smacks me on my toned booty to say Happy Birthday and welcome to the rest of your life….)
Anyone else out there feeling this? Lol. The pressahhhh of 4-Ohhhh. Oh how time flies…..right out the window. Lemme know your thoughts….
Here’s to the start of a fun journey and to building myself an internal support group, and to not falling off my paddle board into the mouth of a Great White….